The Red Alliance
** Home Forum Index Help Search Login Register
Visit Our Sponsor, Fox Airsoft!
Visit Our Sponsor, Soviet-Propaganda.com!
Visit Our Sponsor, AirsoftPeak!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 02:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Latest Posts

The Red Alliance  |  Forum  |  Comrades  |  Red Square  |  Topic: Unimog for sale in Ohio! « previous next »
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Unimog for sale in Ohio!  (Read 3953 times)
AaronHorrocks
Comrade

USMCR

« on: July 08, 2009, 10:51:46 PM »

Not mine... Maybe one of you want it?  icon_banana

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-1968-MERCEDES-BENZ-406-U900-UNIMOG-MILITARY-TRUCK-RARE_W0QQitemZ120445935713QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1c0b232061&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317

Quote from: AaronHorrocks
Russian camo is mostly an option at our games.
And if you haven't noticed, you can count on Aaron's foot in your ass as an option as well.
Quote from: Vladimir Putin
Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.
Aaron Horrocks . Com | Airsoft Reenactors Group | Pics
Aswayze
Comrade

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:37:50 AM »

Oooh…..   and it’s a diesel too…  Very nice. 

I am the East Wind NATO guy so I just buy screaming nice M35A2 trucks from Government Liquidation for $1500.  Tascabe has the one mog that is standing in for an East Bloc truck but he has his eyes on a few other EB trucks right now too so it’s probably not Unimog time for him either. 

That is a very nice looking truck though, someone should snap that up.  If you have never driven offroad in a larger truck, you have no idea what you are missing.   You would be astonished at what sorts of stuff you can just drive right over.   A few weeks before East Wind II, several of us went out to the field to do some survey work and plan the camp layouts.  Terry Stout and I were cruising around in my M35A2 trying to figure out what was and was not passable when we came across a bunch of Jeep guys who were just playing around seeing if they could get their jacked up, big tires, Jeep Cherokees into and out of this ditch.  Since the area was fairly tight and I wanted to give them some room, I just cut out around them and crossed the ditch at a much deeper spot easing the front end of the deuce down into the ditch then grinding my way right back up the other side without so much as missing a beat.   Similarly, we could cross wildly muddy spots simply by being big enough that we never ended up with all of the axles in the mud hole at the same time. 

Sheer size + the ability to creep along at absurdly slow speeds makes for the most fun offroading.   I assure you that a Diesel Unimog can do all of that. 

Tascabe
Forum KGB
Comrade

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:05:00 AM »

Not mention it is a UniMog which means it is even more capable than almost any other truck in existence.

If only I did not already have a motorpool that is still growing (soon to include armor Afro)

This would be a great little toy just for the fun of it - and a 3 way tipper bed too!

Russian
Administrator
Comrade

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »

Does anyone stateside own a Ural-3rd or 4th series, which is workhorse of Soviet/Russian Army since 60s till present? 

Я, гражданин Союза Советских Социалистических Республик, принимаю присягу и торжественно клянусь...
Soviet_Kazimir
Comrade

Davai or Die

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:44:23 AM »

There was a Ural 4320 for sale on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. The East Wind guys wanted to put all their money together to get it... I don't know what happened to it though. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:44:43 AM by Soviet_Kazimir » Logged
CMP5
Comrade

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:40:01 AM »

Kaz, was that the one with the camper atached to the bed?

I would wonder hwo much work the EW guys would have to put in to making that Progressive agains  Embarrassed
DRK
Comrade

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 09:38:20 AM »

hmm. i gotta work something out with my home field. i might be able to get this based on their answer. its just so useful.

have you seen My Armory?

Great minds know to kill the other first.
Aswayze
Comrade

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »

There was much hand wringing and discussion about the Ural.  Biggest issues were the lack of a title (we could get around that but it is a lot of fairly shady work to do so), the hill-billy deluxe camper addition crap inside (lots of crap to toss out and many opportunities for Jethro and Jethrene to have drilled inappropriate holes or otherwise torn the thing up like a rented doublewide. 

On top of all of that, we are really looking for some East Bloc light armor to counter the NATO Ferrets and there are a few decent options to look at out there.

Tascabe
Forum KGB
Comrade

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »

Namely a certain BTR-40 for the NVA to patrol the border in wink

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am in the process of moving to a much larger chunk of land. The East Wind EastBloc Supply warehouse and motorpool has outgrown its current location so I am in a freeze for more vehicle purchases at this moment.

Currently I know of a GAZ69M for sale in FL, a IFA W50 for sale in TN and then that URAL 4320 in NC.  It is a bumper crop for EB vehicles right now.

That is not counting the BRDM that trackkickers is bringing in, the MTLB that has recently arrived in idaho (or Utah can't remember) and then the BTR40 that I am looking at as well.

To be honest though - the UniMog is better than most of those in several ways - namely being the ability to get parts in the States and the large amount of information for working on them.

Also - they are a lighter truck so don't have any issues getting tagged in most states.
And being diesel this one is extra cool. I wish my 404 was deisel instead of petrol but it is still a good little truck.

Russian
Administrator
Comrade

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

OK, I'll give you one incentive, to get Ural 4320 and if after that you want run and get it then I don't know what can convince you Smiley

When you driving Ural and coming to the red traffic light, you line up with some poor shmak sedan with open windows. Put your Ural in neutral and.... floor the gas pedal..... Because of ingenious location of exhaust pipe black cloud of exhaust shoots in his window....

That was the best trick we did with Ural   moon

Я, гражданин Союза Советских Социалистических Республик, принимаю присягу и торжественно клянусь...
AaronHorrocks
Comrade

USMCR

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »

Aswayze, I know what you mean, I have a M52A2 five ton, and it's incredable offroad. I thought my Nissan was great, which it is, but a real military jeep beats it hands down. and then the 6x6 just rolls over everything without trouble!

Quote from: AaronHorrocks
Russian camo is mostly an option at our games.
And if you haven't noticed, you can count on Aaron's foot in your ass as an option as well.
Quote from: Vladimir Putin
Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.
Aaron Horrocks . Com | Airsoft Reenactors Group | Pics
Pages: 1 Print 
The Red Alliance  |  Forum  |  Comrades  |  Red Square  |  Topic: Unimog for sale in Ohio! « previous next »
Jump to: