The Red Alliance
** Home Forum Index Help Search Login Register
Visit Our Sponsor, Fox Airsoft!
Visit Our Sponsor, Soviet-Propaganda.com!
Visit Our Sponsor, AirsoftPeak!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 11:06:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Latest Posts

The Red Alliance  |  Forum  |  Comrades  |  Red Square  |  Topic: Russian Army tattoo? « previous next »
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Russian Army tattoo?  (Read 8743 times)
FNL
Comrade

« on: July 05, 2006, 03:26:33 PM »

When I was taling to Warren this evening he pointed something very interesting out: A friend of him happens to know some russians who served in the russian army and all have the same tattoo. Is there any special russian army/army unit tattoo (like for example in the U.S.M.C.)?

img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6655/itallso1.jpg[/img] No there are no aggressions in the alliance
NapalmNymph
комиссаp
Former KGB
Comrade
Location: Under the Spetsnaz soldier, In the back of the BTR-80

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 03:47:12 PM »

Iv'e seen a few VDV guys with the VDV para symbol tattoo

[size=18]пойдёшь против спецназa-сдохнешь как собака![/size]
People's Army
Sufferer of the Sweet Sickness
Serious Collector
Comrade
Location: Kent Military District, UK SSR ..... ( Workers Paradise)

A Purely Defensive reaction to Reactionary Posts..

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 08:29:44 AM »

A Roaring  big cat tattoo is a sign you have done time in side... not worth going there unless you have..... they are kind of protective of the image and meaning. :?  Cheesy

Who watches the Watchmen?, The NKVD.

"we will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
(Stalin, 1928)

"In the Class War, there are no Bystanders".
dmb2002
Comrade

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:35:37 AM »

Scorpio on the right shoulder means what you was in Chechnja

#1044;авай за них, давай за нас, и за десант и за спецназ...
zlodyey volk
Comrade

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:53:02 AM »

Quote from: "People's Army"
A Roaring  big cat tattoo is a sign you have done time in side... not worth going there unless you have..... they are kind of protective of the image and meaning. :?  Cheesy

More specifically, the tiger means that you have committed a murder. It's usually worn on the left shoulder.

It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.
People's Army
Serious Collector
Comrade

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »

Quote from: "zlodyey volk"

More specifically, the tiger means that you have committed a murder. It's usually worn on the left shoulder.

Da! not even good idea 1% of the time!.....
In the UK you have a tear drop tattoo by an eye if you have killed someone I believe..... nice.

This is Net good thing to be thinking of doing Comrades, Tattoos have a deep meaning that for us that play at this ,  you do not even 1% want to go there.

(Soviet folk-saying)

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
(Stalin, 1928)

NapalmNymph
комиссаp
Former KGB
Comrade
Location: Under the Spetsnaz soldier, In the back of the BTR-80

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

In the UK you have a tear drop tattoo by an eye if you have killed someone I believe..... nice.

Shock  oh I didn't know this!!  I bought a homeless guy a pasty and cup of tea a few months back, he had a teardrop tattoo under his eye!  I thought he was just cold and sad!   D'oh!

[size=18]пойдёшь против спецназa-сдохнешь как собака![/size]
Tascabe
Forum KGB
Comrade

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »

It is the same for Latino gangs in US. - interesting that the symbolism spans the pond.

Frontovik
Serious Collector
Comrade

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »

I have my doubts about a universal meaning to a type of tatoo. It's like saying that everyone who wears Flecktarn trousers are gay.
2 members of 13th guards have a tattoo of a bird on their hand. I don't know why they have this tattoo or what it represents to them. But one of these members was telling me that some women spoke to him in a pub about his tattoo. She was adamant in her opinion that it meant that he was either a former prisoner, had been in the navy, or was a homosexual, none of these ever applied to him.

"From the personal narratives now coming out about the war we learn that unlike the war against Nazi Germany, in Afghanistan the soldiers did not fight for their country or freedom, or any ideal at all, but in a more basic
sense the war for them was a process in which one strove to overcome hardship, pulled
one’s weight, showed appropriate courage, and responded to the need to be seen as a man in
the eyes of his peers; and then left with a tortured soul wondering “why?”." Roger R Rees
The End
Comrade

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »

Quote from: "Frontovik"
It's like saying that everyone who wears Flecktarn trousers are gay.

Their not?  Shock   lol J/k

img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9862/ak47userhw6.jpg[/img]
People's Army
Serious Collector
Comrade

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »

Quote from: "Frontovik"
I have my doubts about a universal meaning to a type of tatoo. It's like saying that everyone who wears Flecktarn trousers are gay.
2 members of 13th guards have a tattoo of a bird on their hand. I don't know why they have this tattoo or what it represents to them. But one of these members was telling me that some women spoke to him in a pub about his tattoo. She was adamant in her opinion that it meant that he was either a former prisoner, had been in the navy, or was a homosexual, none of these ever applied to him.

Quote from: "zlodyey volk"

Go into a Russian Prison with this Tattoo when you have not, in their eyes earned it...... we are normal sane human beings , some of them are not, its their culture, they will have something to say about it.... ( no matter how small a beer we think it is...) and Flecktarn ( as is British Gulf war Camouflage) is liked by the Gay community as a fashion item( its their Culture), you check out the TV programme "Eurotrash" it was very normal for them to have what looked like members of the BW in combat dress being friendly with their fellow human beings, such is late night TV in the UK.

As a side line German Neo Fash like Urban (woodland) Camo, Black Nylon MA 1 flight jackets, Skin heads, and the Imperial Black, White, and Red Flag, its their identity, their uniform...
(The wearing of a uniform bit we all ,I'm sure understand, )
.....if it's your Cultural( Tribal)  identity you defend it.

Cheesy

(Soviet folk-saying)

(An old Russia lady)

(Stalin, 1928)

Frontovik
Serious Collector
Comrade

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 11:50:41 AM »

Peoples Army, Comrade Papa Karovi owns a pair of flecktarn trousers. To suggest that he is gay to his face may result in the removal of ones teeth, which will then end up in his special meshok.
 End of the day people can wear what the hell they like, no one can say that any item of clothing belongs exclusively for one group of people.
 Same with tattoos in my book, do you honestly expect me to believe that every single person who has a tiger tattoo on the upper arm is a murderer?

"From the personal narratives now coming out about the war we learn that unlike the war against Nazi Germany, in Afghanistan the soldiers did not fight for their country or freedom, or any ideal at all, but in a more basic
sense the war for them was a process in which one strove to overcome hardship, pulled
one’s weight, showed appropriate courage, and responded to the need to be seen as a man in
the eyes of his peers; and then left with a tortured soul wondering “why?”." Roger R Rees
Tascabe
Forum KGB
Comrade

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 01:38:40 PM »

Not everyone, but if they are a thug-like Russian - might want to keep that in mind.

If a pastey American tourist has a tiger tattoo on his left shoulder you are probably safe - but then again maybe not.

I think it is a matter of in context. Since we mostly portray Russian soldiers - getting a tiger on our left shoulder would then be as if yyou were trying to copy a russian criminal.

If you were into Australaian military stuff or not into military at all - a tiger may not be that big of a deal.

As for the teardrop below the eye - that is a rather unique tattoo and seems to have a wide range meaning - so I would be that most that have that tattoo have earned it.

People's Army
Serious Collector
Comrade

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 09:32:12 AM »

All these Tribal marks have a context, you fall fowl of it because of fashion at your own risk, anyway its better not to have Tats as it makes it easier for you to avoid detection of you wish to commit Crime, a Criminal once gave that advise.

I wear no Jewellery , have no piercings and Net even 1% " Art Work"... that's my Tribal grouping. Tongue

(I do have a pencil lead in my right wrist where Richard Westgate stabbed me with a Pencil during a Physics lession in the 4th years 1982, the tip broke off like a Morguel Knife.... I now have a black spot marking this wound that will never truely heal.....) Wink
 Cheesy

(Soviet folk-saying)

(An old Russia lady)

(Stalin, 1928)

camo
Former KGB
Comrade

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »

The meanings of tattoos in Russia go much deeper than anywhere else in the world. Here in the US, a bird on a hand used to mean five thousand nautical miles. So 2 would mean ten thousand. This was a seaman's tattoo years back. Now, all the kids have a swallow or something on them and most don't care what it signifies.

I would imagine that things like parachutes with jump wings, fierce animal heads, and daggers are all very universal within the ranks of all military units - Russian or otherwise. My favorites are the Vityaz tattoos... the fist with the AK. For some reason I think that one looks awesome.

Mine are just your average civvie silliness...

People's Army - funny you should mention the wound. That's how the first tattoo ever came into being. The spear was the worlds first weapon. When the humans figured out the whole fire thing, they started burning the ends of spears so they could be ground and tapered into a point. If a warrior was stabbed - and lived - the bold circular wound would stay forever in his skin. Soon, this became a symbol of power and many early humans were poking themselves and making mystical marks on their persons. Some of us never stopped.

Wink

FNL
Comrade

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 10:28:29 AM »

Camo's little history lesson... Wow I didn't know that...
BTW. interesting selection of tattoos you have there

img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6655/itallso1.jpg[/img] No there are no aggressions in the alliance
camo
Former KGB
Comrade

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 01:36:33 PM »

Thanks. I was a tattoo artist for 5 years and I studied a lot of it's history. Now I have to figure out what to get in honor of my 2 sons.

Decisions, decisions.... :roll:

cheers! Cheers

KickThroat
Comrade

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 01:44:56 PM »

awesome camo!

im just getting into tattoo art business, drew one up for my friends forearm that he is getting done tomarrow

maybe ill post some pictures of it afterwards

img]http://www.geocities.com/terranovabmx/aks74u.jpg[/img] #234
type56
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 10:32:35 PM »

where did you get that Scouts Shirts?
SpEtSNaz213
Comrade

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 08:27:28 AM »

Cheesy  thats awsome. i just ordered one

#1056;айен

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/7656

Я буду бороться до конца
Pages: 1 Print 
The Red Alliance  |  Forum  |  Comrades  |  Red Square  |  Topic: Russian Army tattoo? « previous next »
Jump to: