The Red Alliance
** Home Forum Index Help Search Login Register
Visit Our Sponsor, Fox Airsoft!
Visit Our Sponsor, Soviet-Propaganda.com!
Visit Our Sponsor, AirsoftPeak!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 05:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Latest Posts

The Red Alliance  |  Forum  |  Gear  |  General Equipment Discussion  |  Topic: Dragunov SVD Vest or Chest rig. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Dragunov SVD Vest or Chest rig.  (Read 2504 times)
Batou
Comrade

Your standard-issue big gun.

« on: October 13, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »

I decided to take the plunge into a Soviet/Russian kit(Impression/Loadout/etc.) and picked up one of the spring Dragunovs. Unfortunately, I don't have any real gear that seems to fit the role of Russian Designated Marksman. I was running around with a BHI thigh holster for my pistol and an Eagle Industries thigh rig for my G3 mags. However, that isn't going to cut it.

I've been looking around at everybody's different loadouts and because most people use AKs, and the M22vest the M21 vest, and the M23 chest rig seem to be the most common. I may eventually get an AK, but for right now, it’s SVD-centric. Currently I’m using a set of Berkas Woodland Tigers as camo pattern. I’ve taken a look towards the Omon Vest and the M33 modular system, but I can’t find any dimensions for the SVD magazines. So my question is, which vest would you recommend to an aspiring Dragunov marksman?

Any help would be appreciated.

Batou.

"Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains." - Vladimir Putin
Chatham
Comrade

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 01:38:24 PM »

The canvas SVD magazine pouch attached to either a leather belt and y harness, or belt/suspenders of your choice.

I don't think a vest suits a person with a Dragonuv, but that's just me.

<3 the AK47.
fallout11
Comrade

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:26:10 PM »

I'm with Chatham on this one (get a belt pouch), although I have seen at least one such vest clearly intended for use with the SVD (no chance of obtaining one, though).

"Man does not possess wealth, it possesses him." - Benjamin Franklin
danneskjold
Comrade

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 01:06:49 AM »

I have a belt pouch for sale if you are interested.

But its harder to go prone with a chest rig, and more uncomfortable - definately not ideal for snipers.
Batou
Comrade

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 04:03:37 AM »

What part of Seattle are you from, danneskjold? I'm leaning heavily towards the M21 from everything I've seen, but the belt pouch looks like it's a good addition. It would be nice to have something that I could use with other gear.

"Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains." - Vladimir Putin
FNL
Comrade

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 07:37:13 AM »

Funny no one thought about the SPLAV Sniper belt I never tried it but that's the same manufacturer who made the M23 and much other good stuff. I think www.ruswave.com als carried some vest they described as "russian sniper's vest"

img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6655/itallso1.jpg[/img] No there are no aggressions in the alliance
stelbent
Comrade

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 08:01:36 AM »

Well.. You got this one from russiancombatgear.com

But... thats from russiancombatgear :cry:

I am mailing a little bit with Dianna over at redsoldier.... I'll let you guys know what she says about stocking this item. wink

ou may excuse my sometimes lack-of-skill-english.
Finarvas
Administrator
Comrade

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 09:24:25 AM »

They've had it before so it shouldn't be a problem.

For a sniper loadout that doesn't require a lot of magazines, I'd recommend webbing over chestrig/vests anytime. Works much better with ghillie-suits as well.

The splav sniper belt is good and cheaper than getting the RPS webbing + pouches tho the downside is that the pouches are fixed and that you might still would have to get suspenders for it.

Я твой слуга
Я твой работник
-
Somewhat inactive, if there is an urgent problem, please send me a PM.
-
Red-Alliance IRC chat | Red-Alliance Wiki | Red-Alliance Facebook Page | ГРУ 13 СПЕЦНАЗ
stelbent
Comrade

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 09:37:18 AM »

I asked about the RPS-webbing among some other "personal" stuff. The only thing Dianna did'nt answered about was the RPS-webbing lol

Finarvas
Administrator
Comrade

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

Here is a vest if you need 8+1 mags  Shocked
http://cgi.ebay.com/Die-russische-KAMPFMITTELWESTE-SPETSNAZ-Buran-Les_W0QQitemZ180038836106QQihZ008QQcategoryZ34694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Я твой слуга
Я твой работник
-
Somewhat inactive, if there is an urgent problem, please send me a PM.
-
Red-Alliance IRC chat | Red-Alliance Wiki | Red-Alliance Facebook Page | ГРУ 13 СПЕЦНАЗ
stelbent
Comrade

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 03:01:44 PM »

OVERKILL!!! Shocked

Would be kick-ass at a weekend-skirmish, though :roll:

Damn you, Finarvas! lol

Batou
Comrade

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 10:05:22 PM »

*eyes widen* I might just get that...I just wonder what it is.

bastardchild
Comrade
Browsing the for sale threads, buying your stuff.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »

Definately they would be wearing a web belt, no tactical vests.  The most recent pics I have seen they use web harnesses and misc pouches.

Pages: 1 Print 
The Red Alliance  |  Forum  |  Gear  |  General Equipment Discussion  |  Topic: Dragunov SVD Vest or Chest rig. « previous next »
Jump to: